Issue with Delegate and meeting requests - not removing from calendar RRS feed

• Question

• SCENARIO:
    USER B has delegate access to USER A's mailbox and calendar. 
    USER B gets an email sent to her AND USER A. She declines both and gets confirmation emails back.

ISSUE:
    USER A still has a meeting request on their calendar waiting for action (as if the delegate's decline was never processed correctly).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the issue?

Brandon Carder

Friday, May 4, 2012 3:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Brandon,

When UserA delegate the calendar and emails to UserB, did UserA check the box that say something like "send the meeting request to my delegates only" (don't have outlook in front of me so I cannot remember the actual wording).

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:25 AM
  • Can you please confirm that a manager and their delegates should all have the same version of Outlook, including patch level. While Microsoft mentions a minimum of Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 and/or Outlook 2010 for Windows users, it's recommended for Penn that all users in the same environment use the same Outlook version and patch level.

Give a try with some other user and post the results ..

Description of common scenarios in which Calendar information may be removed from the Calendar or may be inaccurate :-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899704

Thanks

Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Please try to delegate for other mailbox and test if the issue still existing.

And please try to view if the calendar update in OWA.

If above no problem, so it is Outlook issue.

We can try to recreate Outlook Profile or recreate the Calendar folder.

NOTE: please back up all of your Microsoft Outlook folders to a .pst file first.

Recreate calendar folder:

1. Switch Outlook to Online mode.

2. Start MFCMAPI and create a backup of the Calendar items

a. Open the Calendar folder by double clicking it.

b. Select all items (simple ctrl+a).

c. Copy all items into an empty folder.

d. Additionally you can create a backup using a PST file if you wish.

3. Delete the Calendar folder using MFCMAPI.

And please post the permission of the delegagte, I want to verify the permission again.

Get-MailboxFolderPermission:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335061.aspx

Wendy Liu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 7, 2012 9:31 AM
  • Hi Brandon,

When UserA delegate the calendar and emails to UserB, did UserA check the box that say something like "send the meeting request to my delegates only" (don't have outlook in front of me so I cannot remember the actual wording).

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:25 AM
  • Michael - I actually saw that last week and changed it. No word on if there has been any other issues. Is this known to cause weirdness like this?

Brandon Carder

Monday, May 7, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Not really, it was probably wasn't set up right. I would suggest to remove the delegation again. Give it some time like an hour or so and then go through the delegation again and make sure to check the box to send to my delegate only.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:23 PM
  • Can you please confirm that a manager and their delegates should all have the same version of Outlook, including patch level. While Microsoft mentions a minimum of Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 and/or Outlook 2010 for Windows users, it's recommended for Penn that all users in the same environment use the same Outlook version and patch level.

Give a try with some other user and post the results ..

Description of common scenarios in which Calendar information may be removed from the Calendar or may be inaccurate :-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899704

Thanks

Thursday, May 17, 2012 4:55 AM