SharePoint using Anonymous Login to connect SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup WSS 3.0 in Windows 2k3 SP2 environment. The SQL server is in seperate machine with WSS.

I can successfully setup the WSS administration console (using a AD account for SQL server conneciton. However after I created a new Web applicaiton (using domain admin acct) with Network Service as connection pool user. When I try to access the new WSS application. I got the error 'Cannot connect to the configuration database'. From Windows even log, I found the Windows SharePoint Service is uing NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON for SQL Server access.

I have no idea why this could happen and would like to seek someone's advice. Thanks.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:25 AM

Answers

• Finalyy I figure out that I can fix the problem either: 1. Change SQL Server service account using Local System 2. Assign admin rights to SQL Server system acocunt. Seems I need to take a look for the SPN stuff
    • Edited by Jabbaaa Friday, April 22, 2011 4:57 AM update status
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 22, 2011 8:28 AM
    Friday, April 22, 2011 3:28 AM

All replies

• I have performed more testing, the above problem exists if the all AD, SQL Server and WSS is installed in WIndows 2003 R2 Standard x64.

However if the server using Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise x64, with the same setup and configuration, it does not have the problem.

Can anyone have advice the difference between them ? How can I make the Windows 2003 Standard works for WSS?

Thanks

Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:48 PM
  • Finalyy I figure out that I can fix the problem either: 1. Change SQL Server service account using Local System 2. Assign admin rights to SQL Server system acocunt. Seems I need to take a look for the SPN stuff
    • Edited by Jabbaaa Friday, April 22, 2011 4:57 AM update status
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 22, 2011 8:28 AM
    Friday, April 22, 2011 3:28 AM