problem with update (KB4053579) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir/Madam

with enrolling of this update, I tolerated lots of pressure and expenses, I put windows 10 on my SSD and as you know ssd is just using to less write , more read. from the time of this update my pc start to updating and goes until 98% and then start to undoing changes with a message. next time I turn pc on , i got message for working on update and it happened again and again.

I tried to find a way to get ride of it but it seems there is no way. So please help me to stop this sequence, it take lots of my time and effort. before that windows 10 loaded less than 10 seconds on my pc and turned off pc in around 5 (below) but now take a lot and it might damage my SSD. 

Thank you for your consideration

fari Bana 

Thursday, December 21, 2017 12:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to boot your computer with CD then try to remove "install pending" updates using DISM command .

The following article mentioned DISM command details :

https://docs.microsoft.com/pl-pl/windows-server/administration/windows-server-update-services/deploy/monthly-delta-update-isv-support-without-WSUS?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Actually ,to find the package name , you do not need to save DISM command output to txt file if you know the accurate update which causes that problem .

I assume the OS drive is D: , DISM command would be (14393.1944 is the corresponding build num of KB4053579  . please check:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825):

dism /image:d:\ /get-packages | findstr /i "14393.1944"

Note , when you boot from CD , the system drive might not be "C:" .

To find the accurate system drive , you may switch drive letter and use dir command to see if that drive is a system drive :

Hope it is useful to you .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:06 PM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:51 AM