Microsoft Edge vs. Proxy RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 10 computer in my domain network and use for browsing chrome, firefox, ie 11.

I also use proxy server and my browsers work fine with proxy settings. The problem is that Microsoft Edge doesn't open pages with proxy settings and write me: "Cannot display the webpage"

Why? Help me please.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJKgi7FZmSc

Thank you!

• Marked as answer by ReneDubois Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:23 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ReneDubois Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:23 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:30 AM
  • I'll clarify my question.

I need to work through a proxy. So I can not remove these settings.

Why all browsers except this work through a proxy?

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

Run IE as administrator, go to settings in top right corner->Internet Options->Connections->LAN Settings, uncheck Use Proxy Server and check Automatically Detect Settings.

Also, try to flush the DNS cache to check this out.

Ipconfig /flushDNS

Regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:27 AM
  • It seems to me that you do not even try to read all my post. I repeat once again - I need to go through a proxy. If I will set automatic detection - browsers will go without a proxy - it is tested in practice. The question now is another - why Internet Explorer is able to go through a proxy, but Edge is not?
    Friday, July 15, 2016 2:00 AM
  • I'm still confused. Is Microsoft Edge able to work through a proxy? Or direct connect only?
    Monday, July 25, 2016 7:28 AM
  • We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Please understand, due to limited condition, we can't reproduce your scenario to test, you can feed back this condition to Microsoft by built-in Feedback app.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:12 AM