Translate Error in Outlook 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Translate error in Outlook 365

Outlook 365 Home unable to translate any email with above message and restart does nothing. Removed and reinstalled Translator to no avail. Any solution for this error? Thanks.

Office 365 v1911 b12228.20364 click to run.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 5:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In this situation, please check if there is a updated version of add-in.

Besides, Protected mode may not be turned on for the computer. You will need to go into Internet Explorer to change this as Internet Explorer controls settings for Windows computers:

1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    2. Click the Security tab, and then select the Internet Sites Zone.
    3. Select the Enable Protected Mode check box, and then click OK.
    4. Restart Internet Explorer and outlook.
    5. Try again.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:03 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 20, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Thanks Aidan...IE was already in protected mode so I removed MS Translator from Outlook 365 Home and after starting Outlook, I added it again but to no avail...it still shows the same error message as I posted earlier.
    Friday, December 20, 2019 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

What's the type of your account?POP, IMAP or Exchange?

According to my research, if you're using Translator with an Office 365 account, you'll need a mailbox that's hosted on Exchange 2013 or later. Check with your IT department (commercial users) or Internet Service Provider (consumer users).

For your reference: Translator for Outlook.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 8:29 AM
  • I have Office 365 Home subscription on a PC and on a laptop. MS Translator on laptop Outlook 365 works fine, but stops with errors on PC. On PC also send email to OneNote also stops with same error.
    Wednesday, December 25, 2019 5:42 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Given this situation, please try upgrading your Outlook to the latest version and see if there is any difference.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, December 27, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Office 365 Home on my devices is always up to date but errors continue.
    Friday, December 27, 2019 5:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I researched a lot and find this article may be helpful to you:

Troubleshoot user errors with Office Add-ins

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

Please try the suggestions in that article and see if there is any difference.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, January 3, 2020 11:51 AM
  • Script debuggers were enabled and resulted in Add-in Error popup as well as additional spinner freeze as in following screenshot:

Error MS Translator Outlook 365 Home Add-on

Friday, January 3, 2020 5:03 PM