It got stuck in safe mode RRS feed

• Question

• During software download

Windows XP SP3 went into the menu of selecting various modes; Safe Mode, and others.

I cannot get it out of safe mode even though it does not show "Safe Mode" in all 4 corners. But, it acts like it is in safe mode, I cannot go on line and do other things within...

It boots as normal and I can sign in with my password...

It brings other software errors as well as the Microsoft Security essentials will not run.

I need to get it out of this mode before I can use it

Sunday, November 3, 2013 10:12 PM

Answers

• You cant go online using safe mode, as components for network connection will not work.

Try repairing windows and check if you have issues or reinstall MSE if its specific to MSE only.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 11:31 AM
  • Hello,

Might be an issue with the Boot.ini. Try this:

While in this mode click Start, Run and type in msconfig and press enter.

Click the BOOT.INI tab

Check if /SAFEBOOT is selected. If it is, unselect it.

If not you can upload a screenshot of the BOOT.INI here and I can look at it for you.

Hope this helps,
    Bryan

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:24 PM

All replies

• You cant go online using safe mode, as components for network connection will not work.

Try repairing windows and check if you have issues or reinstall MSE if its specific to MSE only.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 11:31 AM
  • Hello,

Might be an issue with the Boot.ini. Try this:

While in this mode click Start, Run and type in msconfig and press enter.

Click the BOOT.INI tab

Check if /SAFEBOOT is selected. If it is, unselect it.

If not you can upload a screenshot of the BOOT.INI here and I can look at it for you.

Hope this helps,
    Bryan

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:24 PM