Multi Tenant public folder primary mailbox creation - auto-discover warning. RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the background.

2013 running a primary domain (contoso)

multiple tenants (microsoft) (Lenovo) (Dell) all setup with Custom Attributes that keep them separate. with unique EAP's GAL's etc 

I am trying to now implement Public Folders. 2013 is somewhat different to what i have experience with in 2k7/ 2k10

As i understand it, i need to have a Primary Public Folder Mailbox (in this case Contoso_Public) and then secondary Public Folder Mailboxes for each tenant (Microsoft_Public, Dell_Public and Lenovo_Public)

My issue lies in when i create the primary Public Folder Mailbox, all tenants are prompted with an Autodiscover record for contoso_public@contoso.com in outlook.. "Allow or Deny"
    I dont want the tenants to see this as they should only see Microsoft_Public or Dell_Public.

I cant use get-mailbox | where {$_.customattribute1 -eq "Dell"} | set-mailbox -DefaultPublicFolderMailbox "Dell_Public" for example until the Public folder Mailbox has been created..
    But i cant create the PFMailbox without the Autodiscover for contoso_Public appearing for ALL users on the Exchange box.

What am i missing here?

Is there a way to create a PFMailbox with permissions during creation so that all users aren't prompted for the Autodiscover of a PFMailbox they wont ever have access to? 

Cheers,
    DEE

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:04 AM

All replies

• I have the same issue. Did you already find a solution?
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:52 AM