none
DPM tape backup error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a DPM2007 server on which tape backup runs every Friday. The job failed because the drive needed cleaning. I corrected that error and also removed one agent from the protection group which was no longer needed. After that I tried to run the tape backup job again but it gave an error saying "The protection group configuration has changed therefore the job can not be rerun. On the jobs tab in monitoring area, rerun this job ID:3604".

When I go to the protection tab and try to rerun that tape job, it gave an error saying "the job can not be rerun because the protection group associated with it has been modified ID:3609". Does that mean I can never run those tape jobs again? Please help.

Thanks in anticipation

Pavit

Monday, April 2, 2012 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Pavit,

I too have the same issue. Modified a proection group while a tape backup was running and caused it to fail. Re-ran the tape job and the error vanished but nothing happened. Manually re-running the jobs from 'Failed jobs from yesterday and today' and it asked for a new tape, put the tape in and after clicking to use the new tape - Error 3609.

Only thing I can think of to get round it is to modify long term protection date temporarily and change it back after the jobs are finished. Microsoft, please sort this bug or advise as re-running after taking a deleted SQL database off the protection group shouldn't cause it not to run.

• Edited by Emjaygreen Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:07 PM spelling
    Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:01 PM
  • Hi Emjaygreen,

I followed the same approach, ran 2 weeks behind the schedule but atleast I have something.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:09 AM