How to allow the end of the table to approach the bottom margin of the page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a table on one whole page in Microsoft Word 2010 and I want the bottom of my table to approach the bottom margin of the page, all other sides, including the top are working fine. However, as I move the bottom of the table towards the bottom margin of the page, the row jumps to the next page.

I enabled the option allow row to break across pages so that the row would stay on the same page and now the text fits almost perfectly, just the last line is half visible.

The text would fit easily there and there is still some space to increase the height of the last row of the table, but the row jumps to the next page.

Also, I cannot remove the blank page after the table, which probably is due to the table.

Is there a way to move the bottom line of the table closely to the margin? Can I remove the blank page at the end of the table if I do so?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:12 PM

Answers

• Have you made the bottom margin as small as possible? Many printers do not allow you to print right down to the bottom of the paper.

To hide the page after the table:

• Select the paragraph mark below the table (you can see the paragraph mark if you turn on Show/Hide ¶, keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+8).
    • Set its font size to 1 point (you can't select 1 point from the list, but you can type 1 in the font size box and press Enter).
    • Alternatively, format the paragraph mark as Hidden Text. This only works if you do not display or print hidden text.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:57 PM