Computer won't start up (Windows error recovery) RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to go on my computer today and it will not start every time I start it up it goes to Windows Error Recovery so I go on this and use the startup repair and all I get is startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically. I have tried pushing f8 to go into safe mode but when I push f8 it gives me boot drivers to use so I duno what that means. any suggestions on what I can do to fix my computer?? I have no disk's to do with the computer.  If you need any more details just ask.

I also get the blue screen when the computer restarts itself and goes back to the windows error recovery

Thanks

• Edited by Adam_1993 Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:42 PM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 5:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1. Try to recover from rescue disc or if you have none, from installation DVD.

2. If you cannot succeed, set boot logging in F8 menu and then start computer from either live Linux or Windows from USB and analyze log file.

3. Sometime upgrade from install DVD may help.

Rdgs

Milos

Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:28 PM
  • Hi,

Can you choose system restore to choose a restore point to go back to a previous state?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/what-are-system-recovery-options#what-are-system-recovery-options=windows-7

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:29 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 11:12 AM
  • I agree with Alex try F8 and do Last Known Configuration.

If that doesn't work then you may need to go back to the recovery disks provided by the manufacturer. If you do not have recovery disks you may need to contact the manufacturer.

Monday, May 26, 2014 5:47 PM