none
Adobe Acrobat XI Error 1935

Question

• I currently have Acrobat Professional 9.5.4 loaded on my system, but I'm trying to load Acrobat Profession XI, and keep getting the below error message:

Error 1935:  An error occurred during the installation of assemble component.  {76C3F0F6-9B9D-35DA-81C6-CA8A88CC93CA}  HRESULT:  0x8007370B

I've tried the below suggestions and all have failed:

1)  Set RegistrySizeLimit to 4294967295

2)  Installed .net Framework 4.5 (upgraded from 4.0

3)  cleared the transation log with DOS command

What's unusual is that I am unable to load Acrobat XI, but I can uninstall and reinstall Acrobat 9.5.4.  You would think once I'm unable to load the Acrobat XI (after uninstalling Acrobat 9.5.4), I would no longer have the ability to reinstall 9.5.4.  Could someone please help me with this issue--I've been working on it for about a week now, AND due to the time it took me to load Windows 7, (with STIGS, IAVMS, SECURITY PATCHES, PROGRAMS) reloading the OS is not an option.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:02 PM

All replies

• Try the following page for some help:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/error-1935-an-error-occurred-during-the/2ff512d7-4cf0-48da-88c0-96f63d9069cd

It may be the .NET framework getting in the way...

Good luck!

Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:35 PM
  • Hi,

You may disable antispyware and antivirus software or remove adware or spyware from your computer and then install Acrobat or Adobe Reader as BrianD_22932 mentioned.

As I known, a certain type of adware running on the system can cause 1935 errors.

I would like to suggest you remove adware and then install Acrobat or Adobe Reader.

1. Start the Task Manager.

2. Look at the Processes tab. Look for a  process named wtoolsa.exe.

3. If this process is running, then you remove this adware.

4. Install Acrobat or Adobe Reader again.

In some cases, the 1935 error results from orphaned registry keys from a different version of the .NET Framework than the one being installed. Uninstalling the .NET

frameworks, removing orphaned registry keys that can remain, then reinstalling the .NET Framework can help in this situation.

Regarding the error 1935, it seems this is a general Acrobat related issue, I would like to share the link below with you:

Acrobat X installation freezing windows 7

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3292028

Please follow the steps from the link above to fix the issue.    

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:50 AM