IE on Windows is logging into my Facebook account without authorisation, how can I stop this? RRS feed

• Question

• About three weeks ago my desk top computer started playing up at start-up. It boots up ok but then proceeds to take forever to load, if at all. Most times it goes to black screen after freezing the desktop, a window comes up to inform me there is a security failure in the log on ?? It tells me to press esc or to press off button. Esc doesn't do anything and on restart from using power button, I get the 'this computer was not shut down properly' Message. My Tech told me something in the Bios had changed (didn't specify what) and that this sometimes happens. The problem is not fixed and my Laptop is doing the same thing. Now I am getting messages that IE on Windows is logging into my Facebook account without authorisation. Are these problems related? Any suggestions? I have windows 64bit and IE9
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Internet Explorer stores the information you enter into website forms and passwords that you use to log on to websites. To save hard disk space or to protect your privacy, follow these steps to delete this information.

1. Open Internet Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, and then clicking Internet Options.

2. Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click Delete.

3. Do one or more of the following:

Select the Form data check box.

Select the Passwords check box.

4. Click Delete, and then click OK.

Hope it helps.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by tracycai Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:24 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:32 AM