none
UAG console error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have UAG array consisting of one Manager and other as member. I applied the UAG SP1 on member server. It finishes successfully. But afterward I am not able to access the console from UAG manager server and getting “The configuration storage is unreachable”. I haven’t applied the SP1 on Manager Server so far. Also I have disjoin the member server from Array.

Please can you help how I can fix “Storage disconnection” error?

Regards,

Anwar

Monday, April 16, 2012 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

I just fix this problem. I installed the SP1 on the Array Manager and then all work fine.

Thanks all.

Anwar-

• Marked as answer by anakhtar Monday, April 30, 2012 9:29 AM
    Monday, April 30, 2012 9:28 AM

All replies

• Here is the exact error.

The configuration storage is unreachable

Monday, April 16, 2012 11:55 AM
  • You need to be on the same version on both the AMS and the member(s).

Upgrade the AMS.

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

Monday, April 16, 2012 12:11 PM
  • Hi, Now I donn't have any array member, only one Manager left because I disjoin the member server from Array. As I said I applied the SP1 on member server and Manager is still without SP1. Did during the upgrade of SP1 caused this issue.

Regards, A

Anwar

• Marked as answer by anakhtar Monday, April 16, 2012 12:35 PM
    • Edited by anakhtar Monday, April 16, 2012 12:36 PM This is not an answer
    • Unmarked as answer by anakhtar Monday, April 16, 2012 12:36 PM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 12:19 PM
  • Just wanted to know if I will apply the SP1 on the Array Manager can this problem be fixed.

Regards,

Anwar

Monday, April 16, 2012 12:37 PM
  • You must install SP1 in a certain order when running an array: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg281608.aspx

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:49 PM
  • Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your reply. Can you guide how I can recover from this situation? At the moment I have array Manager running and User portal is working fine except that I cannot access the UAG management console.

Regards,

Anwar-

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:19 PM
  • When I see the "configuration is unreachable" message, I usually head into TMG Management to find some more clues about what is going on. Check the Monitoring section there for errors that might point you in the right direction. This message is most often caused by some kind of problem connecting to a domain controller or an incorrect network setting. Maybe in your case when you removed the member from the array it did not successfully remove from the array inside TMG?
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:19 PM
  • Hi Jordan,

I just checked the TMG, its console is not opening just gives an error and closed. DC is reachable to UAG also all networking seems fine. I have already remove the array member so now I have only one UAG server. what shall I do in this case. User portal is working fine.

Regards,

Anwar

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:39 AM
  • Hmm, I've never had TMG fail to open. If the portal is working that would indicate all of your services are probably running, but I would double check that. Make sure that all of your "Microsoft Forefront..." services are started that are supposed to be.

Also, I assume you have restarted the server?

If those things don't get you anywhere, if TMG won't open I would take a deeper look into whatever error message it is giving you.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your reply. Below see the error screen shot when I open the TMG console. All the services are up and running.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:25 PM
  • Also I was thinking to join a new TMG member to the existing Array and if that success I will try to promote that Array member as the Array manager, but just afraid if this could make some other problems.

Any suggestion?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:29 PM
  • I'll take a stab on this again...

I'd say that (if TMG MMC does not start as I understand it with the above error message) that you have a corrupt rule.

Have a look in the Event log and see if you can find something there and also use the TMG BPA to see if it pops up any alerts.

If you have a corrupt rule, you need to manually delete the offending rule, for instructions see http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002074595/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Hth, Anders Janson Enfo Zipper

• Marked as answer by anakhtar Monday, April 30, 2012 9:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by anakhtar Monday, April 30, 2012 9:28 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:42 AM
  • Hi ,

I just fix this problem. I installed the SP1 on the Array Manager and then all work fine.

Thanks all.

Anwar-

• Marked as answer by anakhtar Monday, April 30, 2012 9:29 AM
    Monday, April 30, 2012 9:28 AM