Online Apps Run, Offline App Loads and Crashes during use RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Currently we have a install of ConfigMgr 2007 R3, that we will be using to deploy Virtual Applications via AppV 4.6 SP1.

We have a Virtual Package for Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with Service Pack 1, that is set to download into the Cache and run directly from machines, this application loads and runs with all functionality when the machine is connected directly to the network.

As soon as there is no connectivity to the network, the application will load and it is able to be run. But when functionality such as loading Templates from the system is run the application crashes.

What could be the cause of this.

Regards

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Section 9 seems to be an error relating from the Application Virtualization-log file. This log-file will not explain what the application does, but will focus on client behavior and infrastructure behavior.

I suggest you use Process Monitor (which is not the app-v log)I to determine what activity happens in the background when the error occurs offline. It could be that the application fails to locate a resource for example.
    If a specific failure does not show itself - it is a good idea to understand what registry keys and what files the application utilizes when the error occurs to narrow your focus for locating the error.

Process Monitor can be located here;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

/Znack
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Does this not occur if you are connected to the network?

Have you determined what it tries to load using Process Monitor?
    /Znack
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:20 PM
  • Hi znack

No this does not occur when connected to the network which is confusing me.

In the log it does mention about Section 9 with an error for this.

Regards

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:41 PM
  • Hello,

Section 9 seems to be an error relating from the Application Virtualization-log file. This log-file will not explain what the application does, but will focus on client behavior and infrastructure behavior.

I suggest you use Process Monitor (which is not the app-v log)I to determine what activity happens in the background when the error occurs offline. It could be that the application fails to locate a resource for example.
    If a specific failure does not show itself - it is a good idea to understand what registry keys and what files the application utilizes when the error occurs to narrow your focus for locating the error.

Process Monitor can be located here;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

/Znack
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:00 PM
  • Are you sure that you have download & execute mode set for SCCM App-V integration and not the streaming mode?

Also, when you have package on a client and it works (online), if you open up App-V Client's management console and look at the Applications -node, do you see package being cached 100%?

br,
    Kalle Saunamäki
    http://blog.gridmetric.com/
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:24 PM