none
Win10 1703 - Apps default to TWINUI RRS feed

• Question

• I have found that after updating my PC from win10 v 1603 to win 10 v 1703via windows updates, when I log into my account around 20+ app default to TWINUI.

Is anyone aware of a way to stop this from happening?

• Edited by vs2017sv Tuesday, August 22, 2017 11:59 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did your computer has OEM system?

Seems your default region/location settings is Twanui and after sysprep, all back to default.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 21, 2017 8:52 AM
    Owner
  • I have several computer's that have windows 10 1607 build on them.

These machines have three local accounts setup on them.

I am finding that when I run win10 1703 upgrade, the user profile/ file associations I ran the update on are fine.

Any other account when I go into default apps, many of the file associations are set to open with TWINUI.

If I create a new user, that account is fine.

Is anyone seeing this issue or know of any fixes?

Monday, August 21, 2017 7:52 PM
  • From my testing, it appears that this is a error even before running sysprep.

Basically if you take a computer that is on win10 1607 and that has three local user's. Run window's updates to v 1703. You will not see what the user you ran upgrade on is fine, but the other two accounts.. have TWINUI as the default app for many file associations.

Monday, August 21, 2017 8:06 PM
  • Sorry it seems that I misunderstanding what you mean in the first post.

I would like to clarify that if your default apps mostly changed to Modern style app. If so, I would like to say that it's designed by default when the big Feature upgrade installed on your PC. Also, the Sysprep will reset the file association to default.   

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 5:29 AM
    Owner
  • I have several computer's that all have three local user's setup on them.

Whichever user I run the win 10- 1703 feature upgrade on, does not have any issue with file associations.

Both of my other accounts all of a sudden have file association issues after the upgrade. Please see pic below.

Note. if I manually search for MAPS or MAIL and launch the apps, the file association gets set to the correct program

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 11:57 AM
  • Tuesday, August 22, 2017 12:46 PM
  • Hi,

This could be data content error for store apps, please try steps as below, just use Photo as example, you can do this for other apps:

To reset the database, perform the following:

1. Press Windows button + R.

2. Type:%appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

3. Delete all the contents of that folder.

4. Restart the computer and check if issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Friday, August 25, 2017 9:48 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Kate,

I found the Photos package folder that you listed above, but none of the others listed seem to apply for the Music Player or Video Player (per the screenshot above).  What folder names ought I look for?

Thanks!  --John

Saturday, December 16, 2017 4:56 AM