Office 2003-Word not responding when in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• When I open Outlook to read emails and close afterwards, Word does not respond then I get a message "Word is in use by another applicaion" then Word opens ,asks me if I want to save a template and I have to enter another NormalX template to close.

Word is also slow in opening and closing.

I have Windows 7 and running 64 bit.

Thanks

mrffeuen

Monday, May 2, 2011 8:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Suggest you to repair MS office by doing the following, go to ctrl panel>programs>programs & features>ms office 2003>change & next choose repair option
    Monday, May 2, 2011 9:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks daniel. I did what you said exactly( i have tried to repair a different way earlier). I opened Word and Outlook together and then closed them down without making any changes.

I got a message "Word was being edited by another program. If you save this document with the original name you will overwrite any changes made in the other session. Do you want to save the document using the original name anyway?"

Depending on whether I say yes or no I can end up being asked to create another Normal template.

I had thought of uninstalling Office completely and re-installing but I dont know if the problem is with Office

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Hi Mrffeuen,

Based on my research, the issue is related to Office Normal.dot corrupted. It is recommended to contact the Office Forum to get more specialized suggestions.

TechNet Office Forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/word/threads

In addition, also check if the following link is helpful.

http://www.fanhow.com/knowhow:Fix_Normal.dot_%22Is_in_Use_by_Another_Application_or_User%22_33085242

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:36 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 6:14 AM