none
FIM CM Config Wizard - no such object on the server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have this strange error appearing in FIM CM Configuration wizard. I installed FIM CM on a server in subdomain (domain1.company.com). I performed all necessary preparation steps, and run the wizard. In the phase Configuring Web, I get error message that says "There is no such object on the server". I see nothing in logs.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

Friday, June 14, 2013 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Damird,

are there any errors in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Certificate Management\Config.log?

/Matthias

Monday, June 17, 2013 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, I have this in log file :

1) Exception Information
    Exception Type: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException
    ExtendedError: 8333
    ExtendedErrorMessage: 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-0310020A, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:
    'CN=Profile Templates,CN=Public Key Services,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com'

ErrorCode: -2147016656

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite: Void CommitChanges()
    HelpLink: NULL
    Source: System.DirectoryServices

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Damir

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:57 PM
  • Did you check, if the Active Directory container exists?<o:p></o:p>

Did you repeat the FIM CM Config wizard? Occasionally you face this error, when the wizard creates an Active Directory object on DC1
    and queries the object later on on DC2. “There is no such object on the server” means in this case that the Active Directory replication isn’t completed.<o:p></o:p>

/Matthias

Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:46 AM