Word template and "site content type" communication issue: Quickparts character limit prevent entering data in word document RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I have a text field (site column) with “Multiple lines of text” as data type.

This site column is part of a content type. The content type in turn is connected to a Microsoft word document template. The site column I have mentioned above is linked to a “quick part” field.

Everything works. Two-way communcation between the word document and SharePoint is established and any change in one of them is automatically reflected to the other.

The only problem is the maximum character limit of the “quick part” in Microsoft word.

Apparently Microsoft word document property (metadata) fields can only accept up to 255 character. So regardless of melinking a “multiline” site column to this quick part, the “quick part” doesn’t allow me to store more than 255 characters. So it prevents me to enter more than 255 characters into fields.

Is there a way to fix this non-programmetically? I have limited development capability beyond front-end scripting using scripting web part. I have no access to backend,powershell, configurations etc. So I need a "high level" solution feasble by modifying my template and or changing my list/document library settings in sharepoint.

Many thanks,

K

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:45 AM

Answers

All replies