Skipping audio RRS feed

• Question

• I have done some performance clean-ups that have never caused a problem before.  All of a sudden my Windows Media Player starts skipping/stuttering, as if the signal were coming from a damaged CD.  As I listen to "digital radio" (HD) stations on my computer, this is very disturbing.  What id the problem here?  What can be done to solve it? 

If I can find a solution for myself, I will let everyone know.  By the way, I also have troubles with my laptop computer's clock.  Could these be related?

Friday, September 14, 2012 10:53 AM

All replies

• What exactly did you do for the clean-ups?  What programs/utilities were run?  What's wrong with the system clock?  How old is the computer? 

Have you run a hard drive disk check yet?  (Right click on C:, click on Properties, click on the Tools tab, click on Error Checking, select both boxes to scan and automatically fix errors, then reboot to run scan)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 14, 2012 12:45 PM