Future of App-V RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a general question for all of you techs out there.   With all of this "cloud computing" that companies like SalesForce are pushing do you even see a need for things like App-V and visualized software in the near future?   I have seen where companies like SalesForce are promoting the elimination of your IT staff to support software which is not good news for guys like me. 

What is the general consensus on the future of 
    visualized software?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In some way cloud computing in general is over hyped, application delivery from within the cloud could be indeed a very usefull scenario. In my opinion this 'Application as a Service' is usefull for some types of windows applications and some types of customers. From technical point of view the App-V platform today is very usefull to delivery applications to end-users as a service. I think there are some downsides in the current App-V release but they are on the good virtualization track! From App-V platform licensing perspective the service provider license agreement is the first step in becomming a good ".. as a service solution".

Ruben

Thursday, September 25, 2008 6:15 AM