Skype for Business Client Receiving Multiple Phone Call Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• We recently set up a hybrid solution for Skype for Business and deployed new laptops with Office 2016. We've noticed a few users having an issue where they receive three desktop alerts any time they get a phone call in the Skype client. If the user does not answer the phone, this likewise generates three missed call notifications in Outlook. When we put out the laptops, the 2016 version was 1607, but we have since upgraded him and it is now 1702. After the upgrade, the notifications went away for a brief amount of time, but have since returned.

I've tried clearing his local Skype cache, rebooting the PC, switching from wired to wireless, turning off call forwarding/simultaneous ringing, and calling from different numbers, but it only ever shows the three separate notifications. They simply stack one on top of another and all show as the same call. We noticed when we call from an outside line that the ring back will hesitate slightly and then immediately ring once more. When the hesitation occurs, a new notification will stack.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what I could troubleshoot?

Friday, March 24, 2017 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeremy,

As you said that, this issue has been occurred for a few users, so we could troubleshoot this issue from Skype for business server side. Please run the following command on the affected user and working user to compare their AD attributes, then check if there are any differences on AD attributes: Get-CsUser <SIP Address>

For affected user, configure user’s outlook profile and SFB profile on working user’s PC to check if the issue persist.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Monday, March 27, 2017 2:30 AM
    Monday, March 27, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Hello Jim,

Unfortunately, the issue still persists. I ran that cmdlet and the attributes it pulled back were identical for the affected user and myself. When comparing Active Directory attributes, nothing stood out as drastically different.

I imaged a brand new machine today and loaded the affected user's profile on it. On the first test call, the same error occurred.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks!

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:11 PM
  • Hi Jememy,

Did the affected user host on-premise? Or online?

Try to disable and re-enable this SFB account to check if the issue persist, I assume the use is hosting on-premise:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg429696(v=ocs.15).aspx
    Notice: this link also apply to SFB server 2015.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, March 31, 2017 9:56 AM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:42 AM
  • The user is on-prem. We were able to get the multiple calls to stop by signing the user out of Skype for Business on their iPhone. After a call with Microsoft, they said that it was expected behavior to receive multiple calls/alerts, but I don't feel that is correct.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 7:20 PM
  • Have you gotten any kind of reply with this? We have a user with the same issue. He gets 3 call windows stacked on top of each other.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:05 PM