Printing problems RRS feed

• Question

• I don’t know for sure if this is a Microsoft problem or HP problem but I have posted my question to both vendor’s. Here is the problem; this is happing campus wide with all of our HP printers.  In our company we have an image that is purple and when we create the image using the CMYK scale of C-90 M-100, Y-0 K-0 instead of the image printing correctly in a dark purple, it prints out bluish color.  And it only happens with our logo all other purple prints fine we have already contacted HP to rule out there is something wrong with the printer, and we already have flashed the ROM and have done basic troubleshooting techniques.  My guess is that the value of 90, 100, 0,0 HP sees it differently other than purple or there is some breakdown between the OS and the printer that does not properly translate the correct colors.  We have already printed out the color spectrum both of RGB, and CMYK and was going to find the purple that matches ours and use those values instead of ours and see if that.  DO you think that would work?  We even had a MAC doing the same thing, so seems like this problem is not limited to Windows.

Monday, November 5, 2012 5:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This type issue should be more related to HP product. Please contact HP support team directly.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by CompSol123 Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:19 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This type issue should be more related to HP product. Please contact HP support team directly.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by CompSol123 Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:19 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Thanks seems like it is and it seems like we have found the answer.
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:19 PM