Please help! Programs won't open!! RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone help me?!!! I'm desperate! None of the programs on my laptop are opening, they will start to load then just stop and not respond. Also, none of my web browsers will connect to the Internet! (Internet explorer was working for a while and it just stopped! I have tried everything from shutting it down to downloading 4 different anti virus programs and nothing works! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! Note: i think i have windows 7
    Friday, January 18, 2013 3:56 AM

All replies

• If you have Windows 7 you should post your question in that area: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7

Also...if dealing with viruses, then loading 4 different anti-virus programs will usually cause more problems than solve.  Hopefully two things:

1) They were bonafide anti-virus programs and not just some adware/malware masking as an anti-virus

2) You fully uninstalled one before installing the next

In any event, repost your question in the Windows 7 area.

Good luck

Friday, January 18, 2013 5:16 PM
  • Start in safe mode and go to run type msconfig than go to startup tab disable all the listed programs and restart your system in normal mode.

If the problem remains same than surely you need a antivirus for your system.

Best Regards,

Jayant  Sagar

Monday, January 21, 2013 11:08 AM
  • Try a system restore back to when apps were working as expected.
    Monday, January 28, 2013 8:29 PM