none
win 7 on my laptop RRS feed

• Question

• today some malicious program installed itself on my computer called "Win 7 Home Security." i have been recomended to download a malware removal program from the internet but unfortunatelly i can browse the internet because that malicious program doesnt allow me. any help out there.
    Monday, March 28, 2011 9:14 PM

All replies

• You can go to the Event viewer (to go to event viewer --> go to Start--> Run --> type eventvwr and click Ok) --> Systems & look for the malware that was installed on the computer (on particular date) where it will give you the location of the files. you can go to the location in your hard drive & delete them manually.

Usually it will look like this -

Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft Antimalware
    Date:          3/19/2011 11:57:42 PM
    Event ID:      1116
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      YOURCOMPUTER NAME
    Description:
    Microsoft Antimalware has detected malware or other potentially unwanted software.
     For more information please see the following:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37020&name=Trojan:Win32/Podjot.A&threatid=2147643054
         Name: Trojan:Win32/Podjot.A
         ID: 2147643054
         Severity: Severe
         Category: Trojan or what ever category
         Path: file:_C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\uvafikaha.dll   (this is the location of the file - where you will navigate in the hard drive & 
         delete uvafikaha.dll)
         Detection Origin: Local machine
         Detection Type: Concrete
         Detection Source: Real-Time Protection
         User: YOUR USER NAME
         Process Name: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
         Signature Version: AV: 1.99.1533.0, AS: 1.99.1533.0, NIS: 9.1.0.0
         Engine Version: AM: 1.1.6603.0, NIS: 2.0.5854.0

At the same time, you can download the Microsoft Security Essentials or Malware Bytes from another computer, install & Scan your entire computer which will find the malware in your computer & can also delete those files (if you have hard time finding through Event Viewer)

Once its done, you can install Microsoft Security Essentials (latest version) which is one of the good security softwares, which will help to protect your Laptop. Hope this helps. Let us know if you need any help further. Good Luck.

VT
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:06 AM
  • 1. Please follow to the letter all the directions in this thread: How to get rid of malware
        1a. You may have to use a non-infected computer for any downloads specified below, until your malware is removed. Use a USB Pen drive or burn to CD or other means to carry the necessary utilities to the infected computer and copy to the Desktop.
        1b. Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool download here off-line.

2. If the issue persists you can find Microsoft MVPs and other trained analysts at the following help sites:
    Aumha.org
    Atribune.org
    SpywareHammer
    BleepingComputer
    Safer-Networking
    Etc.

For information about Security updates, visit the Microsoft Virus Solution and Security Center for resources and tools to keep your PC safe and healthy. If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates.

Regards,
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:16 AM
  • Visit thre website. www.lavasoft.com. Download the free program for anti adwares and other programs anti virus softwares available there.
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 2:49 AM