Notification for new service request RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am trying to make new subscription triggered when new service request is created with no additional criteria but it's not working. Same configuration for incidents is ok. So I was trying some other configurations. First was subscription for SR status New but it was unsuccessful as well. Then I tried create separated management pack for this notification and from subscriptions set criteria for first assigned date. Then I exported the management pack with this rule and manually edited first assigned date rule to null and import MP back. This is also not working.

Any advice how to do this please?

Saturday, December 7, 2013 6:24 PM

Answers

• Solved! I stored templates and subscriptions in separated new management pack and now it's working. There had to be something badly configured in old MP.
    • Marked as answer by MatoušMVP Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Matous,

At my environment its working with the following configuration, mayby you can try this:

When to notify: When an object of the selected class is updated

Criteria: Change from[Service Request] Source does not equal: Portal

Criteria: Changed To: [Service Request] Source equals: Portal

But this is also working:

Create a subscription: When an object of the selected class is created

Do NOT set additional criteria.

Set a notification recipient and save the subscription.

Regards,

Dennis

Monday, December 9, 2013 7:51 AM
  • Thanks for suggestions, but it's not working for me somehow. Other notifications are working. For Incident Management I am using same trigger for new incidents - When object is created and without other criteria. In Workflow Status is everything ok. I also tried criteria when object is updated and status is changed to In progress but nothing.

What else I can do?

• Edited by MatoušMVP Monday, December 9, 2013 3:06 PM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Hi Matous

Might be a silly question, but have you added a recipient  to be notified, and is it set to be the affected user (for instance)?  Worth a look....

Cheers

Shaun

Monday, December 9, 2013 4:20 PM
  • Hi Shaun

Recipient are added of course. For testing I am using recipient configured with my mail address and related recipient is affected user.

For testing I have added notification for review activity in SR. This notification is working and as well the others

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:17 PM
  • The notification workflow is started? SCSM console -> Administration -> Workflows -> Status -> Name of the Workflow?

Means workflow is started but no mail is send. Or the workflow doesn't start at all. 

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Yes, it is started and completed without errors
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Please check on the email server  if the email is send from SCSM server to the mail server.

Another option might be to restart the SCSM Management Server that is responsible for the workflows.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:10 PM
  • I checked mail server with our Exchange admin and messages never reached the mail server. I can't figure out what this is. I have one notification for new Service Request and one for Review Activity. SR notification is not working and I always receive notification for RA. Workflows for everything are working without errors. Subscription and template for RA is in separated Management Pack. What could be wrong in SCSM?
    Friday, December 13, 2013 12:56 PM
  • There must be something wrong with this configuration for SR. I have configured test notification for Incident Management and everything was OK

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:16 PM
  • Could you please try another very simple notification template (just a short text without any attributes and no html) please. Just for testing.

If the notification template contains something "wrong" it could happen that a notification isn't send.

Friday, December 13, 2013 4:35 PM
  • After many unsuccessful tries with full templates in HTML, I am now trying one just with word "test" in it but still same problem. For Incident I have tried one of the default template and it was OK.

Friday, December 13, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Solved! I stored templates and subscriptions in separated new management pack and now it's working. There had to be something badly configured in old MP.
    • Marked as answer by MatoušMVP Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:46 PM