Workgroup Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to prepare an image for deployment onto some devices that are not owned by us but are to be managed by our organisation. They are not domain joined.

We have SCCM 2012 R2 and I can successfully install the configuration manager client onto a workgroup device and it will communicate back with the primary site. It is listed in the SCCM database and I can approve it.

My problem is when I capture the image for deployment on other devices. I use an SCCM task sequence that has the config mgr preparation step and then the capture step. This all works flawlessly, however, when I reimage a new device with that captured image the client will NOT talk back to the SCCM primary site. It will not automatically detect. It will not appear in the SCCM database.

I should also note that all information in the configuration manager client is gone, so the primary site code the dns suffix..etc...that all was removed once sysprep/capture ran.

If I manually open the configuration manager client on the freshly imaged device and run "find site", it immediately finds my primary site and all is well again. It will find my primary site and it will list in the database.

I need some advice on how I can make this process (auto detect the primary site) happen on its own without any intervention by myself or the end user.

Thanks gurus in advance!

Monday, November 18, 2013 2:05 PM

Answers

All replies