BATTERY MTER WORKING IMPROPERLY AND SHOWS "CONSIDER REPLACING YOUR BATTERY" RRS feed

• Question

• my battery meter is always showing 100% and is not reducing !!! also it shows with X showing "consider replacing your battery". my NEO NETBOOK is only 17 months old. i don't know what am i going to do. am i going to buy a new expensive battery or what?? please help me !! thanks in advance !!!
    • Changed type Niki Han Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:53 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2011 8:55 AM

Answers

• Make sure you are using the latest system BIOS version from the computer manufacturer. Often the "consider replacing your battery" message is reported because the system firmware (BIOS) incorrectly reports the Design Capacity of the battery to the operating system.

There is a hotfix for specific HP models but that isn't what you have.

2293330 You may incorrectly receive a "Consider replacing your battery" warning message on some older HP notebook computers that are running Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-US;2293330

Also, if the computer manufacturer has any power management software available for that model, try using that to confirm the status of the battery.

And you can usually see the battery status when you boot into the system BIOS itself and view it from there. 

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:53 AM
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:22 AM