Hybrid cloud architecture? RRS feed

• Question

• Suppose all my components do not exist yet.

This is a hybrid cloud architecture question.

I would like to place some components into public cloud (cloud).

Some application servers contain sensitive data/sensitive programs so they should not be placed to cloud.

Which components should I place in public cloud and which method should I use?

(This question is not about migrating to cloud.)

Proposed solution:

(1) Place all web servers into cloud.

(2) Place all web servers into cloud. Place all non-critical data/processing app servers into cloud. For connection between servers in cloud and in on-premise data center use either VPN/dedicated line.

What is your solution? Thanks.

Friday, October 30, 2015 1:54 AM

All replies

• If you have a requirement to not place a server in the cloud, then don't place it in the cloud.

The trick is whether the servers in the cloud can (or need to) communicate with the non-cloud servers.

A VPN will likely make this work, however if the data is passing from the application servers to the web servers you will need to ensure it is encrypted beyond the encryption capabilities of the VPN to ensure the data does not exist at all "in" the cloud.

Also consider running the infrastructure of an environment across multiple networks will impact the overall performance of your solutions.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 8:18 PM