none
How to restrict a user from saving and clearing "unprotected baselines" in project server 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to restrict a user from saving the unprotected baselines in project server 2013 by denying the option "Save Unprotected baselines" available in the Global permission which in result restricting user doing that from MS Professional but not restricting him doing the same from PWA browser.  

However tried the same for "Protected baselines(i.e 0-5)" by hardly denying the option "Save protected baselines" from "My Project" category which in result restricted him saving or clearing  protected baselines from both MS professional and PWA browser. 

I want to restrict the user to save or clear "unprotected baselines (i.e 6-10)" from both MS Professional & PWA browser as well, suggest how to do this...?

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Atul,

Try Deny permissions for the below available category permissions:

Save Protected Baseline

Allows a user to save a protected baseline or clear a protected baseline associated with an enterprise project published to the Project Server database. Grant this permission to project managers who have to save baselines in their projects. Baselines are saved by using the Set Baseline functionality accessed from the Project Professional ribbon on the Project tab in the Schedule group. Click the Set Baseline button and then select Save Baseline or Clear Baseline. Protected Baselines are in the range of Baseline 0–5 inclusive. Only users who have Save Unprotected Baseline, Open Project and Save Project Category permissions are able to save Baselines in Baseline 6–10.

User must be granted the Save Project to Project Server category permission.

Cheers!!! Happy Troubleshooting!!!

Shiva Prasad B C

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:32 AM
  • Hi Shiva,

We want to restrict Project Managers to set or clear all baselines i.e fro (0-10) from both Project Professional and PWA.

Suggest how we can do this.

Thanks

HImanshu

Himanshu

Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:08 AM
  • hello , this is my problem too. please notice me if you could solve this problem . i found that by check allow save unprotected base line in global permission, i can prevent setting 6-10 baseline in project server( i think it work vice versa in project server).and by check deny this option ,i can set baseline 6-10. setting baseline for 6-10 work vice versa from Microsoft project.  now if you found the solution i'll appreciate you if you tell me . thank you

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 9:34 AM