DMZ Client Deployment failing. Unable to find Management Point RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install SCCM 2012 R2 client to a server in our DMZ.  This server is in a workgroup.  I have been following this article http://nikifoster.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/installing-configmgr-clients-on-servers-in-a-dmz/ however the SCCM agent doesn't seem to be able to find the Management Point, which is on the internal LAN.

Step so far

1) Port 80 and Port 8530 opened on the firewall between the DMZ server and the Primary site server (bi-directionally).

2) Host and LMHost file on the DMZ server updated with the IP address of the Primary site server (where the MP is located).

3)Boundary created on the Primary site server to include the IP address of the DMZ server.

4)Client install files copied locally to the DMZ server.

5)Installed with the following command ccmsetup.exe /MP:servername SMSSITECODE=ABC DNSSUffix=contoso.com

The client installs but does not pick up the correct site code.  On the site tab the settings are blank and I can't manually update them.  In the locationservices.log it looks like it assigns the server to the correct site and then the following error appears Failed to retrieve DNS service record.... Unable to to find Lookup MP in Registry,AD, DNS and WINS.

I'm not using Certificates.  The DMZ server IP address can be resolved from the Management Point (which is the site server) and the DMZ server will resolve the Management Point address.

Does anyone have any ideas what I've missed?

Thanks in advance

• Edited by LinJack Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:26 PM
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:25 PM

Answers

All replies