Easily show three or more windows side by side? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I know how to show windows side by side by right-clicking in the taskbar and choosing "show windows side by side". There is only one problem with that. I often have many types of windows open. For example, explorer, browser, photos, word processor. I often want to compare multiple folders or photos. If it's just two there's no problem. I just use Aero Snap. Let's say I have three photos I want to show side by side. There is no quick and easy way to do this. Clicking the show side by side button shows ALL of the windows including those I do not one. It would be nice if right clicking the icon for a particular app (like photo viewer) would allow you to show just those windows side by side. Anyone agree?
    • Changed type Arthur Xie Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:28 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 4:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We will forward this information to proper department.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:08 AM
  • This is one of the first things I noticed when I switched from Vista where you were able to right click on a grouped app in the taskbar and it would allow you to tile  (horizontally or vertically or cascade) only the windows of that app.

Server 2008 has the same functionality as did XP.
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 8:56 PM
  • how about something like this:
    http://www.windows7taskforce.com/view/1843
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:42 AM
  • Nice functionality. I would support it!

The present workaround (minimizing all windows, and then only restore the ones I want to have side by side) is bit slow.
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 1:21 AM