Windows Vista VPN blue screen on wireless connect - Fujitsu Lifebook S Series RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I posted about this before but initially thought I fixed the issue.

I have a Windows Vista Business 32bit install on a Fujitsu Lifebook S Series notebook. The notebook works fine in vista except for on VPN Connect over wireless. It will blue screen. It will connect to VPN fine over a network cable but will blue screen if you use wireless to connect to the VPN.

There is errors called yukonwlh Event ID: 83 and error 101 for yukonwlh error - Driver has encountered an internal error.

Any ideas? It has a Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN network adapter and I just upgraded the driver to v 12.1.0.14 but doubt this will help.

The laptop is still under warrenty, does anyone think it would need to get sent back to Fujitsu? We already reimaged the machine from scratch, re-installed Windows Vista, formatted the drive etc.

The other hardware this laptop has is: a Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

If anyone has any ideas on what else to try and get this to work please let me know.

Other than the blue screen on VPN the laptop works great, is fast, does not have the windows firewall turned on etc.

Thanks!

Dan
    Monday, October 27, 2008 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting.

Windows 2000 and later (including Windows Vista) uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space. The system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (a device drivers, backup software or anti-virus services, etc.), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

As the computer will connect to VPN fine over a network cable, I suspect this issue is a wireless network adapter driver issue.

Could you please update the wireless network adapter driver to the latest version? If possible, you also can involve Fujitsu support to address the problem.

On the other hand, you also can contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this kernel problem can be resolved efficiently. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:43 AM