none
Random projects suddenly checked out to my admin account RRS feed

• Question

• So I have a strange situation. Randomly, other Project Managers will alert me to the fact that they can't edit a project because it's checked out to my admin level account. This would be the account I used to install our Project Server farm long ago. All services run under specific service accounts per various guidelines - this admin account has nothing but administrative privileges to PWA Settings and whatnot. When I look through the ULS logs, it does show this account doing a variety of what appear to be automated actions and then attempting (and failing) to check the project back in. 

I'm going through and trying to see if there are any spots where it's configured to do something using that account but I don't recall anything like that existing in PWA. Anyone know if this is something that should be easy to find and change? My assumption is that any automated maintenance type tasks should be showing up in the logs under the farm admin account instead of mine.

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:40 PM

Answers

• Bah, I figured this one out right afterward. Tracked it down to a 3rd party app (UMT360). My account is set as the admin account for it and it must be just using that to run it's own maintenance jobs.
    • Marked as answer by aaronzott Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:52 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 3:52 PM