ActiveSyncConnectivity Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the Exchange 2010 MP and I've enabled some of the synthetic transactions. I am having an issue with the Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity (Internal) diagnostic cmdlet. It runs the basic command .\Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity, which fails in our environment due to the use of a Forefront TMG application proxy for ActiveSync clients. I can successfully run the command on our Exchange server if I specify the -URL parameter and specify the application proxy address. 

I've read some posts that indicate the solution is to create a monitor based on a Windows PowerShell script. I've downloaded the authoring console and begun to work my way through the tutorials and I'm not getting anywhere. I need to get this monitor running and I'm finding the learning curve for creating a PowerShell-based monitor to be pretty steep for an absolute beginner.

I was hoping that there was a way to quickly adjust this monitor. It would be great if I could somehow tell the script event collection rule to include the -URL parameter. Has anyone created a management pack to run the .\Test-ActiveSyncConnectivty powershell script with additional parameters? Or does anyone have any advice about how to work through the tutorial at technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff381420.aspx using something other than a PowerShell script that checks the properties of a file, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:52 PM

Answers

• This one can be closed now. The test began working and I'm not sure exactly what changed to cause it to work correctly.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:47 PM