none
MS Project 2010: Crash when scrolling in heavy project (>2000 lines) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When I scroll to select many rows on a heavy planning (more than 2000 lines), the layout become scrambled and MS project Crash without any possibility of recovery.

I work with MS Project2010 Version 14.0.6123.5001 32bits with a system Windows 7 Entreprise SP1

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:12 AM

Answers

• Do you have SP1 installed for Project? Does your plan have multiple baselines, or multiple formatted cells or Notes with some linked files, or link to external projects etc.? What is the file size of your project?

Try to save project in XML format and reopen in MS Project, XML conversion removes any form of binaries corruptions so it may help.

Sapna Shukla

Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:51 AM

All replies

• Do you have SP1 installed for Project? Does your plan have multiple baselines, or multiple formatted cells or Notes with some linked files, or link to external projects etc.? What is the file size of your project?

Try to save project in XML format and reopen in MS Project, XML conversion removes any form of binaries corruptions so it may help.

Sapna Shukla

Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:51 AM
  • Thanks for your answer.

I Have 2 baselines, multiple formatted cells and notes (without link), no external link and the size of a common project is around 10Mb.

I try to save it in .xml, it reduce the size by 1/1000 but directly I assign a filter to a table the size increase  more than the original? Is it normal?

Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Ok, that's good that after XML save the size decreased. As for formatted cells I would suggest that instead of having formatting cells, which increases the file size, Flag the tasks for marked tasks option from Text style to do formatting. If filter is increasing the file size try to delete and re-create and see if it helps.

Sapna Shukla

Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:55 PM