none
bluetooth issue after updating windows RRS feed

• Question

• I have a laptop (Asus  model:N550JK  x64-based PC)
    Recently , I've update my windows 10 pro (to edition:1903 , OS build:18362.207).
    Before that , when I turn on the Bluetooth all of my Bluetooth devices (cellphone , hands free , ..)could be able to find and connect to the laptop . but after updating non of devices can't find the laptop .in the other hand the laptop also can't find this devices.

there is no any error message!
    I've checked all the options for finding the reason, but I can't find.

What I've done to solve this issue :

1. I've checked the laptop Bluetooth driver => it is update to last version.
    2. I've checked the "Bluetooth Support Service" => it is Running and is started.
    3. I've checked if the Bluetooth is on =>it is on.
    4. I've checked "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this pc" state => it is checked.
    5. I've checked all of my Bluetooth devices => they work perfect.
    6. I've run troubleshooter . Every time I run the troubleshooter, this message is appeared : "Check Bluetooth radio status     Fixed".
    7. I've Updated BIOS to last version(2019)

But the problem still remains.So,what is your suggestion?

Friday, July 12, 2019 5:13 AM

All replies

• I've seen this happen in the past with the most different devices.. Unfortunately it is not an easy issue to solve.. most of the time it has to do with a registry key being ported from the previous version to the new one and may be a set of default permission applied to it which are no longer valid and expected..

May be a setup from scratch of the new OS would help, may be not..

First thing first you could try removing the Bluetooth driver and see if a reinstallation made by windows resolve the problem.. you can use autoruns for this. Disable the driver and then reboot.. Windows will recognize the device and will try to install the best driver for it..
    f this doesn't work then IMHO you have two realistic way to solve this problem: buy a new Bluetooth USB dongle which will work like a charm, and just because this is the sysinternals forum, start to collect a very long trace with Procmon until you can't spot the registry key which is missing or which have the wrong permission or whatever which is the culprit of the problem.. It's generally a long task which imply start and stop the bluetooth driver/service a lot of time and spending much more time examining the collected logs..

HTH
    -mario

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

Can you try with this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4507623/some-bluetooth-devices-may-fail-to-pair-or-connect-after-applying-june

Regards,

SAAD Youssef

_______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:53 AM
  • I checked the EventLog , there is no EventID:22 !
    Friday, July 12, 2019 9:04 AM
  • Thanks about your answer Mario ...

that was a very bad news for me.

Friday, July 12, 2019 9:07 AM
  • Don't be discouraged from my answer..

If you have time, play with it, if you don't have buy a new dongle (it's now around 5$ on the internet), and may be a day you will find someone with your same problem and more time will have solved it..

Thanks
    -mario

Friday, July 12, 2019 9:18 AM
  • thanks Mario ...

Friday, July 12, 2019 1:39 PM