Clients acting strange on reinstall. Somehow loose registration. RRS feed

• Question

• We have setup a new SCCM 2012 SP1 site with 3 servers. All servers run Windows Server 2012. The first server is hosting provider, the second sql server 2012 and the third Applcation Catalog, Distribution Point, Fallback Status, Software Update Point and Management Point. We are having some strange problems with client registrations. The site is in HTTPS mode, but I have tried with HTTP also, no change. I have seen similar problems in the forum, but no answers. If we import a new unknown client everything works fine, but if we reinstall this client, things start to act strange.  The client is registering and agents are activated. Some machine deployments show in software center. But after some minutes it disables all agents and act unregistered again. But I can from time to time find user deployments that I have run before reinstalling in Software Center, but no machine deployments. So to “solve” the problem I must delete the client from SCCM and reinstall. Then everything is ok until we reinstall it again. The client OS is Windows 8 Enterprise. Everything on the servers looks fine.

I’m out of clues what to do next. Maybe we need to reinstall the whole site? Or can a site reset do any good? I can post logs if anyone can help me.

Thanks
    Bjørn Erik

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:04 AM

Answers