Scan destination RRS feed

• General discussion

• Why can't I choose where to save a scanned document?
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Horshack,

It's by design. Windows Fax and Scan offers several preset categories and folders to help you organize your faxes and scanned documents more easily, and it enables you to create customized folders.

Scanned documents are stored in the Documents folder under Scanned Documents. If you create a new folder in Scanned Documents, it won't appear in the Scan view until you close and reopen Windows Fax and Scan, or collapse and then expand the list of folders.

Thank you for your understanding.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:13 AM
  • But somehow it made more sense to me anyway when I could browse for any destination folder I choose and set it as there or even set that location as default. Now I am restricted so that the scanned documents folder or any folder inside this is the only place I can save scanned items. What if I felt the image I scanned would need modification and wanted to work with it on the desktop? Would it not be far easier if I could save it directly to the desktop rather than digging into the documents library? Suppose they decided from now on downloaded files from the internet should go to a folder named "Downloads" and there would be no other place to save them to but this "Download" folder except for folders I make inside it similar to the scanned documents layout? I hope this kind of folder arrangment does not happen in the future to other programs that create documents for example Internet Explorer or Paint or Snipping Tool. Snipping Tool. From now on "Snipping Tool" pictures are saved in the "Snipped" folder in the documents library and no other place can be selected.  

Thursday, September 24, 2009 1:56 PM
  • Hi Horshack,

I understand that the setting make inconvenience for you. I will change this thread from question to comment and forward it as a customer feedback (Feature request) to our internal team.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 8:59 AM