Galley View RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Technet friends,

We need to enable the Gallery View mode in our environment, we followed the instructions in the article https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204871(v=ocs.15).aspx with success and all works fine.

The thing is, after a period of time, the values of the parameters AllowMultiview and EnableMultiviewJoin return to false without human intervention.

Can you help me with that?

Monday, October 23, 2017 8:19 PM

Answers

• Hello Alice,

We found the problem, we have an management portal that was running the command through an API making the values false.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by João Giordan Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:40 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Hi João Giordan,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, you could mark your reply as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 26, 2017 8:59 AM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:38 AM

All replies

• Hi João Giordan,

Welcome to post in our forum.

For this issue, what other action did you do with your SFB server?

Based on my research, I couldn’t find the similar situation like yours, it’s very strange behavior.

Regarding this issue, please try to change the parameters AllowMultiview and EnableMultiviewJoin to True again, then run the command below to force CMS replication:
    Invoke-CsManagementStoreReplication

After this, please monitor if the issue re-appear.

Hope my reply is helpful.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:25 AM
  • Hello Alice,

Thank you for your answer.

I did the recommended actions, but the problem continues.

Set-CsConferencingPolicy -Identity Tag:7fd361aa-5193-4236-ac7e-f0ac212d1fa2 -AllowMultiView:$true -EnableMultiViewJoin:$true

Invoke-CsManagementStoreReplication

After three minutes the values returned to false.

Identity            : Tag:7fd361aa-5193-4236-ac7e-f0ac212d1fa2
    AllowMultiView      : False
    EnableMultiViewJoin : False

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:06 PM
  • Hi João Giordan,

Thanks for your response.

Please run the command in SFB management shell to check the CMS replication status:
    Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus

Regards,

Alice Wang

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:51 AM
  • Hello Alice,

We found the problem, we have an management portal that was running the command through an API making the values false.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:26 AM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Hi João Giordan,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved, you could mark your reply as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 26, 2017 8:59 AM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:38 AM