Can't sign in to lyn RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, My name is Zakari. I installed lync server 2013 successful on a laptop, on the same laptop I installed a DC and windows 7 using virtualization technology. The win7 recieved ip from dhcp. Whenever i try to connect to the lync server from win 7 using lync 2013 i recieved a message  "Can't sign in to lyn, the server is temporarily unavailable. If the problem continues, please contact your support.

Please healp me out of this problem. Thanks

• Edited by Zakaribala Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:43 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:40 AM

Answers

• So your DC, Lync Server, and Windows 7 client are all virtual machines on a Windows 7 physical host?

Forgetting Lync, can you successfully ping from your virutal Windows 7 machine to the DC and Lync server?

Kind regards
    Ben

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Friday, September 27, 2013 3:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Saturday, September 28, 2013 3:14 PM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Here is the step by step guide for you - make sure you have configured DNS properly and enabled user.

http://windowspbx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/step-by-step-installing-lync-server.html

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Friday, September 27, 2013 3:04 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:00 PM
  • First, check you can ping DC and Lync Server as Bend-y suggested.

Make it easy, you can join the Windows 7 system to the domain.

Check you have created the SRV record for Lync auto discovery service.

If you don’t use Automatic configuration, you need to input the Lync Front End Pool FQDN in Manual Configuration. In DNS server, you need to create DNS A records pointing to each IP address of Front End Server.

You also need to check that the Front End Service is started on Lync Front End Server.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 20, 2013 1:41 AM

All replies

• So your DC, Lync Server, and Windows 7 client are all virtual machines on a Windows 7 physical host?

Forgetting Lync, can you successfully ping from your virutal Windows 7 machine to the DC and Lync server?

Kind regards
    Ben

• Proposed as answer by Lisa.zheng Friday, September 27, 2013 3:03 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Here is the step by step guide for you - make sure you have configured DNS properly and enabled user.

http://windowspbx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/step-by-step-installing-lync-server.html

Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:00 PM
  • First, check you can ping DC and Lync Server as Bend-y suggested.

Make it easy, you can join the Windows 7 system to the domain.

Check you have created the SRV record for Lync auto discovery service.

If you don’t use Automatic configuration, you need to input the Lync Front End Pool FQDN in Manual Configuration. In DNS server, you need to create DNS A records pointing to each IP address of Front End Server.

You also need to check that the Front End Service is started on Lync Front End Server.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 20, 2013 1:41 AM