Incorrect sort RRS feed

• Question

• This appears to be a bug in Outlook 2013.  In my Inbox, if I do View Settings... then click Sort... and sort by Importance (descending) and then by Flag status (descending) and then by Received (descending), the result shows high importance items at top, followed by flagged items as appropriate.  But following those, the items with regular importance and no flags are not in proper descending received date order.  I first have a block of items from Nov2016 back to the current date in 2016, THEN followed by items from the current date this year descending into the past.   Not good. 

Turns out that even though the misplaced set of emails from 2016 are not flagged, if i assign a flag to them and then clear the flag, then they go into the proper order by descending date.  so, there are apparently unflagged items and then there are unflagged items.  weird.

• Edited by CappyD Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:37 PM
    • Moved by Niko.Cheng Friday, February 17, 2017 8:38 AM move to correct forum !
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Cappyd,

As this is not an issue related to Exchange, I move it to the correct forum and you may get effective solution timely.

Thanks for understanding!

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 8:41 AM