Sequencing Firefox and Flash in same AppV package? RRS feed

Answers

• Presumably you are using App-V 4.6.

• You can sequence Firefox and Flash in separate packages and join them with DSC, or add both applications into the same package
    • If you use DSC, capture Flash first. Then install Flash then capture Firefox. Link Flash as a secondary package to Firefox
    • If you install both applications into the same package, start with a clean machine and install both applications during sequencing
    • There's no need to install Flash to a custom location, leave installed to the default folder

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by jimc84 Friday, March 15, 2013 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:28 PM

All replies

• Presumably you are using App-V 4.6.

• You can sequence Firefox and Flash in separate packages and join them with DSC, or add both applications into the same package
    • If you use DSC, capture Flash first. Then install Flash then capture Firefox. Link Flash as a secondary package to Firefox
    • If you install both applications into the same package, start with a clean machine and install both applications during sequencing
    • There's no need to install Flash to a custom location, leave installed to the default folder

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by jimc84 Friday, March 15, 2013 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Thanks Aaron.

For anyone else that might be interested, I sequenced Firefox in the usual fashion (follow any of Aaron's blogs on the subject) and then within the same sequenced package, then ran the Adobe Flash installer (after downloading it previously) from the same 'Run..' option.  I selected 'prevent auto updates' from the flash player wizard (so didn't need to change the MMS.cfg file) and just allowed flash as it would normally, no need to specify your Q:\Firefox folder.  Once completed, I selected 'I am finished installing' and continued with process as normal.  I was then able to launch Firefox during the 'Run each program to manage first use tasks' and verify Flash has been correctly installed to my sequenced FF browser.

Aaron, thanks agin for all your support & blogs.

Jim

Friday, March 15, 2013 9:21 AM