none
Disable Internet Explorer 11 download notice page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Did anyone know which are the registry key can disable the internet explorer 11 download page notification. I did tried with the registry (FEATURE_DISABLE_IE11_SECURITY_EOL_NOTIFICATION) iexplorer.exe=1 but the internet explorer 11 download page still will prompt up. FYI,currently we are still using IE 10 at this moment.

Please advise.

Thanks

Leong

• Edited by YS Leong Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:19 AM update current browser is IE0
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:18 AM

All replies

• If you have x64bit based system

Edit key on both location
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/3123303

Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:09 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Yes, this is what I trying to edit on our environment. After edit both registry the download internet explorer 11 page still appear. Any idea on this ?

Thanks

Leong

Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:22 AM
  • Hi YS Leong,

Please check if this blog could help here:

Internet Explorer: Disable “Do you want to open or save this file?” download prompt

http://9to5it.com/internet-explorer-disable-do-you-want-to-open-or-save-this-file-prompt/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 30, 2016 5:27 AM
  • HI Carl,

Thanks for your input, but this doesn't help much as what I want is to disable the internet explorer 11 download page browsing when users click the IE 10 for the first time.

Leong

Friday, September 30, 2016 9:22 AM