none
Document icon not showing against Project Task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have linked a document with a project task, but I am not able to see the linked document icon in indicators column?

In the same way I have also linked an issue, issue icon is visible unlike document icon

Pleas help.

Thanks

Himanshu

Himanshu

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:37 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Does the indicator appear against that project in the project center if you just add a document to the Document library without linking to a task?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:09 PM
  • Either publish that project or Synchronize the Project Site with that project.

The information should be synchronized with the project from the project site, then only it will display in the project center.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:05 PM
  • Hello,

Following on from this post I did some testing. I found that I could get the document icon to appear next to the project in the Project Center but when linking a document to a task the icon doesn't appear next to the task in the schedule web part like Issues and Risks.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:25 AM
  • Yes, Paul this is what I am facing.

Is it a bug?

Thanks

Himanshu

Himanshu

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:06 PM
  • I'd say this is a bug Himanshu - and I have seen the same.  If your company has a premier contract then by all means you can request a hotfix.  I feel this isn't something that would make the cut for fixing without such a request.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:35 PM
    Owner
  • hello, this problem NOT Fixed! 

I install Project server 2013 SP1 and CU 15.0.4805.1000

This problem is present and  documents icon not show !

how fix this problem?

Friday, March 25, 2016 11:24 AM