none
Microsoft Teams RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Teams' Team,

Could you please stop installing Microsoft team by default and having it run at startup.

Every time I boot my computer I now get this obnoxious pc login window which displays a  smiley white man with a beard, an Asian girl, and an Afro-american who's ancestors were probably slaves.

By forcing this window at startup, do you actually believe that everyone are now planning to change their habit and start their morning looking forward to log into this piece of junk? And what happen the day Microsoft Skype has the same idea? Will both windows open simultaneously? And which one will come in first? 

Seriously, please stop this nonsense!

Saturday, September 14, 2019 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

By default, the Microsoft Teams runs on the startup. In Windows 10, you can disable it if you want in the "Startup Apps" settings, the same if you have Skype. For Windows 7, open Run windows and type msconfig, go to Startup tab and disable the applications as you want.

Yes, you can have Microsoft Teams and Skype in the startup and the same machine, but the both solutions are for  different needs.

Regards,

SAAD youssef

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

• Proposed as answer by SAAD Youssef Saturday, September 14, 2019 12:10 PM
    Saturday, September 14, 2019 12:09 PM
  • You might have a better response if you ask your question a little more pleasantly.

Are you deploying Office 365 with Intune? Teams and Skype for Business are both selected by default and can co-exist on a computer. However you can de-select Teams for Office Pro Plus build number 16.0.11328.20116 and later if you don't want it.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Saturday, September 14, 2019 3:17 PM
  • I disagree. I believe there is nothing pleasant about this Microsoft Teams thing being thrown in our faces.

It's especially annoying when all we want are the basic applications Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and sometimes Access with no trimmings or gimmicks.

• Edited by Robot Fog Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:58 PM
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:54 PM
  • I disagree. I believe there is nothing pleasant about this Microsoft Teams thing being thrown in our faces.

It's especially annoying when all we want are the basic applications Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and sometimes Access with no trimmings or gimmicks.

That's feedback for your Microsoft account representative though and not in a technical forum where no one can do anything about it.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:27 PM