none
Capturing Windows 10 v1511.2 Hyper-V Image with MDT - Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there. I am attempting to capture a Windows 10 v1511.2 image that I have setup in a Hyper-V container. The container itself is 120gb, with 98gb free, and the disk has 200+gb free. The image installation is only about 20gb. I continue to get an error: Failed to run the action: Create WIM. There is not enough space on the disk. (Error: 00000070; Source: Windows). I would post a link/image of the error codes but the site won't let me until I'm verified.

I have attempted to do numerous things I've found on the internet, such as marking the C:\ drive as active before the capture, or setting the partition variables in the ts.xml file to 2, all under the assumption that it's attempting to create the WIM on the System Reserved partition. Frankly I'm at a loss now. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Below is the full error log I've typed out:

Unable to create WebService class

Unable to create WebService class

Error creating an image of Drive C:, rc = 112

ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIBackup, rc = 112

Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005

Failed to run the action: Create WIM.

There is not enough space on the disk. (Error: 00000070; Source: Windows)

Failed to run the last action: Create WIM. Execution of task sequence failed.

There is not enough space on the disk. (Error: 00000070; Source: Windows)

Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail

Task sequence execution failed with error code 80004005

SetNamedSecurityInfo() failed.

SetObjectOwner() failed. 0x80070005.

RegQueryValueExW is unsuccessful for Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Squence,

SMSTSEndProgram

GetTsRegValue() is unsuccessful. 0x80070002.

Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005

Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:52 PM
  • DISM is reporting back that there isn't enough room (error 112).  Provide a link to your logs on something like OneDrive and share it here and we may be able to see what drive MDT thinks was C.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, November 11, 2016 12:05 AM
  • Sorry, I'm a bit new to this error reporting stuff. Where can I find these logs?
    Friday, November 11, 2016 12:14 AM
  • Details are in the Forum FAQ.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, November 11, 2016 12:32 AM
  • Hi there. The BDD log is in the folder shared below. If I need to get any other logs please let me know.

Friday, November 11, 2016 7:22 PM
  • For what it's worth; the same capture task sequence works without any errors on a physical machine. It just seems to be the Hyper-V instances that are throwing this error.

I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Enterprise v1607 if that makes any difference.

Friday, November 11, 2016 7:28 PM
  • You have dynamic memory turned on don't you?  Set a static amount of ram for your capture VMs.

Friday, November 11, 2016 7:35 PM
  • Is that going to be the issue? Geez. If that's all it takes... Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.
    Friday, November 11, 2016 7:35 PM
  • That was indeed the issue. Thank you so much! I am both livid and relieved that one checkbox gave me days worth of headache lol.
    Friday, November 11, 2016 7:53 PM
  • Saved my life, thanks!

Best Regards,

Jesper Vindum, Denmark

Systems Administrator

Help the forum: Monitor(alert) your threads and vote helpful replies or mark them as answer, if it helps solving your problem.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:52 AM