none
Recalling an email/ deleted items

Question

• Hello,

I recently sent an email that went to the wrong party who works outside of my organisation. I tried to recall this message but didn't get an immediate recall message like I would do if the email was sent internally. I called the party who I emailed and asked them to delete the emails which they said they did. The message is now in my deleted items and not in my sent items. I did not move it.

On this basis, does this mean that the recipient has intend deleted the email I sent?

Kind regards

Sg86

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Generally, message recall is available after you click Send and is available only if the recipient has an Exchange account within the same organization.

In your scenario, the recipients are external users outside your organization. The message is listed in your deleted items which mean this item is deleted in your mailbox instead of recipients side.

For more information about the Message recall feature in Outlook, please read:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Recall-or-replace-an-email-message-that-you-sent-35027f88-d655-4554-b4f8-6c0729a723a0

Anything unclear above, please feel free to let me know :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Hi Sg86,

Is there anything unclear for my previous reply?

Please feel free to post back if you need any further assistance. If there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answers to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks!

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 9:37 AM