Lync 2010 with an Audiocodes GW RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I would very much like to better understand what phone network error states (such as engaged, CLI blocked etc) are passed through the Audiocodes GW and are translated into a similar SIP formatted error message that then pops up onto the toast as an error, can anyone point me in the direction of a resource that explains this?

Example:

End User there phone setup so that if the callee has there CLI blocked it will reject the call with an error message that says

"Please enable your CLI info and call back and we will accept your call"

If I ring this from our work mobile phones which have the CLI blocked then I get the voice message playback and the call is ended.

If I ring from our Lync 2010 system the the call just drops with no verbal message, but you do get a Toast message saying call could not complete.

So basically I am trying to fully understand why lync is doing this and not playing the same message as the mobile network, can anyone give me a hint?

Best Wishes

TC

Regards Trev C

Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can check the event viewer on workstations to see if any relevant message appear the reason why the call could not complete. It may point to CLI info.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Kent-Huang Friday, August 2, 2013 2:47 AM 12345
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Wednesday, August 7, 2013 4:00 PM
    Friday, August 2, 2013 2:46 AM