none
Help! - Options for Reporting within Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a "table" to allow me to capture some high-level monthly actual cost data against certain expenditure categories but don't want to do this in the project schedule.  What are my options within Project Online eg for building a custom list/InfoPath form/access app that mimics an Excel spreadsheet?  A custom list appears to be just that a list; InfoPath doesn't appear to have the ability to build reports and access app 2013 is missing forms and reports - so I think I have no options at all?? 

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:36 PM

All replies

• Why not use and Excel Spreadsheet?

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:22 PM
  • Hi Gary, precisely what the client is using at the moment.  What they are asking for is for certain cells within their spreadsheet to be updated automatically with key data from project online.   So the choice is either somehow to replicate the spreadsheet in project online and draw on the data OR keep the spreadsheet as-is and get the relevant data pushed from project online into a spare sheet in the workbook.  My preference would be the latter but other than "export to spreadsheet" which involves a number of manual keystrokes to achieve what they want I don't know how if this can be done programmatically? 
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 7:50 AM