none
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort0. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Am getting The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort0. very often in my physical servers, mean time event viewer is logging criticle kernel power  in my guest OS

Thanks

Friday, October 7, 2016 10:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• This one might help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/154690

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Saturday, October 8, 2016 10:49 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 1:28 PM
  • Hi SJR Primecorp,

And may I ask what's your OS? It'a hyper-v host/guest?

In almost all cases, the event id 11 message is being posted due to hardware problems with either the controller or, more likely, a device that is attached to the controller in question

For guest OS error may related to host error, you could troubleshoot the host error follow the link provided by Dave and after that check if kernel power error still shows in the event.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 10, 2016 7:34 AM
  • Dear Mary,

Thanks for your reply guest and host OS are windows 2012.

Thanks

Monday, October 10, 2016 8:50 AM
  • Hi SJR Primecorp,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you also check the link provide by Dave to do the troubleshooting?

Please feel free to post if you have more findings.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 2:11 AM
  • Hi SJR Primecorp,

Any updates for your issue?

Best Regards,

Mary

Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:32 AM
  • Hi Mary,

Actually am not seeing any events since 18 days, what i was done is that "installed Mega RAID storage manager and performed consistency check."

Found no events since that day.

Thanks all

Thursday, October 20, 2016 10:30 AM